At the practice of Ron Bosher, D.D.S., F.A.G.D., we provide patients from throughout North Dallas, including the Frisco, McKinney, Plano and Richardson, Texas areas, with outstanding sedation dentistry. Our dentist is pleased to provide this option, since it allows patients to receive needed dental care with minimal fear and discomfort. Ron Bosher, D.D.S., F.A.G.D., is a skilled sedation dentist with more than 30 years of experience in restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. He also attained top-notch education and training at Baylor College of Dentistry and at the Center for Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry (CARD), which has enhanced his ability to provide exceptional dental care while keeping patients comfortable and relaxed throughout treatment.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Patients from Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Richardson, and all over the North Dallas, Texas area contact us for sedation dentistry because of its numerous benefits.
- Sedation dentistry keeps a patient relaxed in the dentist’s chair and, depending on the sedation option used, can help them relax before and after their appointment as well.
- Many people with extreme dental anxiety avoid going to the dentist even when they know their oral health is declining. This can be a problem since tooth decay, chronic tooth grinding, and other issues can progress and, if left untreated, may develop into more serious conditions such as periodontal disease. Now, thanks to sedation dentistry, these patients can schedule needed dental treatment without extreme anxiety.
- Sedation dentistry can be used for a variety of procedures, including dental implants surgery, root canal therapy, oral surgery, tooth extractions, and other general and restorative dentistry treatments.
- Modern technology has made dental anesthetic safer and more effective than ever before. Moreover, Dr. Bosher is an experienced sedation dentist in Plano, and many patients who have received sedation dentistry by our dentist have been amazed by how comfortable and relaxing the experience has been.
Sedation Dentistry Options
At our North Dallas practice, serving the Plano, Frisco, McKinney, and Richardson, Texas areas, Dr. Bosher provides several sedation dentistry options – oral conscious, nitrous oxide, and IV sedation. He consults with each patient individually to determine which option best suits them. Patients can choose from the following sedation options:
- Nitrous oxide – Nitrous oxide, or “laughing gas,” is one of the more familiar sedation methods. The sedative is administered at our office to achieve a state of deep relaxation. Local anesthetic is given once the patient is sedated so that he or she hardly notices that it is being administered. The sedative effect wears off quickly after the procedure, and most patients can return to work right away.
- Intravenous (IV) sedation – With IV sedation, the medication is administered directly into the blood stream. This option has the advantage of allowing the doctor to regulate the precise degree of sedation throughout the procedure. Also, the sedative effect is instantaneous. At his office in Plano, Dr. Bosher works with an experienced sedation dentist to provide safe and effective IV sedation to his patients.
- Oral conscious sedation – With oral conscious sedation, patients take a small pill (diazepam or another drug) about an hour before their appointment. The pill induces a tranquil, yet conscious state. Patients arrive for their appointment already relaxed, and they hardly notice when the anesthetic is administered at the beginning of their appointment. The sedative effect lasts throughout the appointment and for several hours afterwards, and many patients have little or no memory of the procedure.
Contact Dr. Bosher for Sedation Dentistry
Dr. Ron Bosher is pleased to offer sedation dentistry for a comfortable dental experience. If you would like more information about your options, we invite you to contact our cosmetic dentistry practice in Plano to schedule a sedation dentistry consultation.